The black truffle has many applications in recipes, all of which are delicious and of an incredible standard. Fresh black truffles must be eaten sliced or grated and cannot be cooked as this would cause it to lose most of its organoleptic characteristics.
However, there are truffle-derived products (known as truffle seasonings) that have different characteristics, such as truffle sauce. A product everyone knows about. In this blog post we will talk about how to make black truffle sauce and introduce you to some details of our Tartufata Laumont, a delicious sauce containing real black truffle (Tuber Melanosporum).
How to make black truffle sauce
The truffle sauce is very easy to make, and it takes a few minutes to get it ready. The ingredients needed to make truffle sauce are as follows (for 4 people):
- Butter (100 g)
- Salt and pepper, as you like
- Onion (100 g)
- Cooking cream (250 ml)
- Fresh black truffle(10 g)
The steps to cook the truffle sauce are very simple:
- Put the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and wait for it to melt. Add the onion in very small pieces and mix it so that it does not burn. When the onion begins to be poached, add salt and pepper to taste and continue mixing over medium heat.
- When the onion has a golden color, add the 10 grams of black truffle, grating it directly on the saucepan. Continue mixing, now over a slower heat, and add the cooking cream.
- Continue mixing the truffle sauceto prevent it from sticking to the saucepan while the sauce is reducing. After a few minutes, remove the sauce when the desired texture is obtained.
- Finally, if you want a more liquid sauce, remove the sauce to another container, add a small amount of water and process with a hand blender. At this point you can also adjust the salt and pepper in the sauce.
How to use the truffle sauce
The truffle sauce can be used like any other type of sauce. Its black truffle aroma stands out from other sauces and should be employed conscientiously, without overdoing it. The most common use of truffle sauce is in pasta. At Laumont, for example, we propose you these delicious sauteed rigatoni with Tartufata, pork belly and egg yolk:
However, like everything else, truffle sauce also has other applications that are not so well known. Another use is the béchamel a la Tartufata, which can give an impressive touch to any of your cannelloni. For example, these mushroom cannelloni with béchamel a la Tartufata.
The black truffle sauce can also be used directly on any type of meat, or even fish. It is as easy as rubbing it on top of the desired food when it is hot. However, Tartufata can also be used cold, for example on top of any canapé to which we want to add a truffled aroma or subtly spread on top of any carpaccio. As you can see: truffle sauce has countless applications!
Tartufata Laumont: our sauce with black truffle
In 2018, Laumont launched its own truffle sauce. A unique tartufata sauce containing real black truffle, mushrooms and truffle-scented oil. It is ready to eat or apply to any recipe. The presentation of our sauce with black truffle is in two glass jars, 90 g or 190 g.
Its flavor is intense and can be used in the same way as we have explained previously: in pasta, bechamel, in pizzas, on toast ... As you wish!